Software Engineering Group Project
Last year at King’s College London I have been doing a module called Software Engineering Group Project. I did not use git at that time, but as it is the biggest C++ project I have been working on, I decided to show our work now.
The purpose of this project was to design a robot (both software and the robot itself) that would be able to create a map of a world in a Player/Stage simulation. The robot had to identify obstacles, people and fire and do not hit any of them, neither the walls. The task had to be done in 15 minutes and our robot was able to do it in less than 2 minutes. Best results were about 45 seconds, but due to technical problems with the simulation and its long response time, the robot has been slowed down. The code was written in C++ and we have used OpenCV to display a map.