Magic the Gathering(2)
I really got into it… Few minutes ago I have counted the lines I have written and I was really surprised that there are over 2 thousands of them. Even though there is a huge mess and many separated parts of code…
Ok, so what is done?
- main menu with nice looking picture and unfinished deck creator
- initialising the game in clients-server connection and transferring the images over the sockets
- table with dragging and rotating cards, moving cards between hand and table, library with shuffling and drawing – all quite messy and with some functionality missing
- example cards provided in jar file and saved to the disk at program startup
- JPanel displaying images with nice looking scrolling (sth like own-made JScrollPane)
Was it worth doing?
Definitely! I have gained a lot of experience in using streams (I have done transferring files over sockets as streams and getting resources as stream from jar file and saving them to the disk) and Swing (if I didn’t have it much enough…).
Now I am working on the point number five. I am tired and will probably not do too much this night, but by Saturday deck creator should be finished so I will enclose a jar file then. For now you can only view my really messy code, I am not too proud of, here.